river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Lookup Service Discovery using DNS?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:20:19 GMT
Dennis Reedy wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2010, at 557AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
>
>> Peter Firmstone wrote:
>>> Anyone got any opinions about Lookup Service Discovery?
>>> How could lookup service discovery be extended to encompass the internet?   Could
we utilise DNS to return locations of Lookup Services?
>>> For world wide lookup services, our current lookup service might return a massive
array with too many service matches. Queries present the opportunity to reduce the size of
returned results, however security issues from code execution on the lookup service present
problems.
>> I haven't seen any world wide deployments yet, at least not on my bench. :-) And
i would like to reserve my definite judgement before i have had an actual production deployment
of such a service.

>> As i understand it, reggie will replicate information between its peers.
>
> Reggie does no such replication.

That makes it easier to create islands! :-)

I've had 2 reggies running, and the service was registered on both of
them (if i remember correctly), so this was the clients doing?

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397