river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Lookup Service Discovery using DNS?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 01:49:30 GMT
Here's a blog at artima you might also find interesting:

Remember though that Multicast DNS, DNS Service Discovery or whatever
you want to call it relies on protocols and message passing.  The
important thing is not to get tied up in the Arguments or the Highlander
Fallacy, as Jim Waldo eloquently put it.  Success comes from using
available resources.

And the Apple Apache licensed implementation, including java libraries:

http://developer.apple.com/opensource/internet/bonjour.html