river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: rename com.sun namespace to org.apache.river
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:00:45 GMT
Tom Hobbs wrote:
> I think the thing to do would be to anonymous check out the code, make
> the changes and then generate a patch which can then be attached to the
> Jira issue.

My objection is that we break the chain in SVN. Applying a patch will
not create a copy-delete transaction.

> Before you spend a lot of time on it though, I seem to recall that
> someone somewhere has already done some work on this.  I'm not sure who
> or where you'd find the resources though.  It might be worth digging
> around.

Of course, i remember that sun once produced a util for some path
changes, but anyhow, i wouldn't be the first one having to change
namespaces.

> Also, I vaguely remember someone saying that there is some package names
> strings dotted around in reflection code and similar which would also
> need to be changed.  So just doing an IDE "right-click --> refactor"
> probably wouldn't be enough.

But it's a start. :-) I guess i could do something like rename/refactor
in netbeans, and then create some grep/find/sed script to
apply,tune,reapply.

> Also, also, the examples config files and qa tests would probably need
> work.  If your IDE has a "replace in all files" function then this would
> likely suffice, at least for the config files.

> If you're still willing to go through all that, then brilliant!  Many
> thanks!

Euh......

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397