river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Apache River release 2.2.0 Vote
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 23:33:46 GMT
To Release Apache River 2.2.0, I need to create two zip files:

Apache-River-2.2.0-incubating-src.zip
Apache-River-2.2.0-incubating-bin.zip

But prior to doing so we need to vote for the release.

Following the vote, I'll create a new KEYS file to replace the existing
contained within the trunk directory, then committers can add their keys
to the file by:

$gpg --list-sigs Your Name >> KEYS
$gpg --armor --export Your Name >> KEYS

Please make sure your existing KEYS are at least 2056bit RSA, before
adding to the KEYS file.

If you need to generate a new key, please generate a new 4096 RSA key
and sign it with your old key, to maintain your ring of trust.  See
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#keys-policy for details.

Make sure to upload your new public key to the following public key servers:

$gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --send-keys KeyID
$gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --send-keys KeyID

You can locate your key id with the following command:

$gpg --list-keys

Look for the KeyID in the output:

pub    4096R/KeyID   Date

Is there a directory I can upload the signed release and checksums
before placing them on www.apache.org/dist/incubator/river for checking?

Best Regards,

Peter Firmstone.