river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject RE: Apache River Release
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 17:45:47 GMT

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 12:15, Tom Hobbs wrote:
> I figured most of the core information is the same, so all I've done is
> a bit of tidying up..
>
>  - Replaced all* references to "Jini" with "River"

Perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't it still Jini?  As in "the Jini dynamic
networking infrastructure".  I've always understood that River was the
project name for the reference implementation, in the same way that
Tomcat is the name of an implementation of the servlet specification.

More specifically, I hope there's no intention of changing the
net.jini.** package namespaces to org.apache.**.  com.sun.jini is fair
game, but changes away from net.jini will break existing code, across a
couple of vendors, I suspect.

Cheers,

Greg.

--