river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: A good article
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:38:23 GMT
I definitely would like to see some time spent on redesigning the simplicity of
lease renewal as it currently works, into something that was, in fact much more
reliable in volatile networks.  A moving renewal time that was based on visible
latency would be a good thing, even with a simple strategy such as averaging.
But a PID loop kind of renewal algorithm could be nice as it would nudge the
speed based on response time.  PID is the automation mechanism that is used for
maintaining temperatures and flows based on perceived reaction of the system to
control operations.

Gregg Wonderly