river-dev mailing list archives

From Kúti Zsolt <kuti.zs...@prolan.hu>
Subject A good article
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 07:57:14 GMT
Hi all!

Browsing around I bumped into an interesting Jini-based
distributed directory service (FADA) that is an essential part of
a highly ambitous project, called Digital Ecosystem (DBE).

This writing is about how they tailored FADA lease mechanism to their
needs. I think, this can be useful for River itself, too.

Avoiding JINI lease failures using the Kalman Filter
http://engineeryourdreams.blogspot.com/2009/01/avoiding-jini-lease-failures-using.html

Anyone encountered with a scenario that is described above?: on
networks where delays can unpredictably vary, a lease may fail because
its renewal reaches too late its destination.

Zsolt