river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: River & OSGi
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:19:04 GMT

On Nov 18, 2009, at 1105PM, Mike McGrady wrote:

> There are of course limits and they come very quick to what you can do to modify a jar
file.

Very true, this goes for manifest modifications as well. Since all the 'proposed' analysis
is done at build time jars can be modified with either approach. I suppose to a certain extent,
its convention over configuration.

If the goal is binary compatibility, then does the existing type based lookup and discovery
mechanism that Jini provides allow evolvability of systems? If not, where and why does it
not?

Perhaps I missed this analysis on this thread, but can we break this down first prior to jumping
into implementation details?

Dennis