river-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wright <pdoubl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RIVER-325: Use of socket factory in LookupLocator
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:58:32 GMT
> One of the things that strikes me is all of the constraints stuff that seems
> to be in LookupLocatorDiscovery, but not in LookupLocator registrar
> processing.

Exactly. My thought was maybe LLD was introduced (or possibly
refactored) when the security model in Jini was beefed up, and that LL
was left alone for some reason or another. What's also odd about that
difference between the two is that the docs don't have anything to say
about the lack of constraints in LL. Perhaps the best thing moving
forward would be to deprecate LL in favor of LLD, as retrofitting
constraints into LL might? affect the behavior of existing systems if
one wasn't careful.

Patrick