river-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wright <pdoubl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RIVER-325: Use of socket factory in LookupLocator
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:52:37 GMT
>> Anyone from Sun have any comments on why getRegistrar() is not used by
>> LookupLocatorDiscovery?
>
> Do we have a reaction from Sun already? Is Sun still interested?

I myself wouldn't expect a quick response. AFAIK, the Jini team was
disbanded some time ago and the original participants are involved in
full-time work on other projects and at various companies. I'm sure
they are all "still interested", having put so many years of work into
Jini, but they may just not have time to follow all the discussions on
River. Just a guess, tho.

Patrick