river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject integration of jxta endpoint
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:45:21 GMT
How do we integrate large chunks of external (ASF) software? The
software for jxta is licensed:

/*
  *
  * Copyright 2003 Warren Strange, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
  *
  * The contents of this release are subject to the Sun(TM)
  * Community Source License, v 3.0/Jini(TM) Technology Specific
  * Attachment, v 1.0 (the "License"); you may not use this
  * release except in compliance with the License.  You may
  * obtain a copy of the License at
  * http://wwws.sun.com/software/jini/licensing/SCSL3_JiniTSA1.html.
  * Software distributed under the License is distributed on an
  * "AS IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express
  * or implied.  See the License for the specific language
  * governing rights and limitations under the License.
  *
  */

Any ideas? Is SCSL3 an acceptable license, or should i ask Warren for a
relicense under ASF license. He writes: "I would be very happy to donate
the code." so i guess he is willing to relicense it.

Before integrating i would suggest a SVN branch for the integration.
Gives me time to iron out any wrinkles.

I'm not sure if Warrens implementation will provide us with an
implementation ClientAuthentication.YES and Confidentiality constraints,
but we can use his code as a starting point, i also would like to delay
finalisation of the serialization of the JxtaEndpoint, so this could be
one the the more unstable apis.

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397