river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: qa tests
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 06:38:03 GMT
I'm implementing a replacement for java.security.Permissions called
ConcurrentPermissions.

The majority of tests (jtreg) are passing, however I haven't committed
this due to the about to be released River 2.2.0 still supporting Java
1.4 (we voted on this some time back) and my implementation using Java 5
language and libraries.

I've also created a new interface RevokeablePermissionCollection, with
the ability to revoke(Permission ... permission) for read write
PermissionCollection's  and revokeAll(Permission permission) for read
only and read write PermissionCollection's.  My implementation wraps any
existing PermissionCollection, the wrapper is also using a
ReentrantReadWriteLock to allow concurrent reads and synchronized
writes.  I figured this would fit in nicely with DynamicPolicy.

Seeing its almost finished, I'd be prepared to commit it if no one has
any objections.  I'd like a way to make it's use optional but haven't
thought that part out yet.

I'll post a patch update on jira River-323 soon, then I'll commit your
patches.

Regards,

Peter.