river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: LookupLocator transport dependence
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:57:34 GMT
Patrick Wright wrote:
> This sounds like a good direction to go in. I think that having the
> code throughout rely more on lookup methods like getRegistrar() could
> make certain types of testing easier--don't need to set up the
> infrastructure for socket-based testing if you can mock or stub the
> getRegistrar() method, for example.

Indeed, that would be nice. We could also decide that a LookupLocator is
nothing more than a specialized URI for finding a Registrar, deprecate
all implementation details, and provide a (configurable) factory to all
subsystems that need to bootstrap via a known Registrar.

> An important question will be how to make any such changes backwards

Indeed! Maybe including a URI based factory will provide us with more
room to maneuver.

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397