river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: RIVER-325: Use of socket factory in LookupLocator
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:11:28 GMT
I'm just thinking out loud.  Adding constructor args can quickly cause
variations to come about that change the number of constructors in the API in
quadratic or worse rates.

It seems that we need to add two constructors in this case so that the default
port for lookup doesn't have to be "knowledge" that is always reflected in the
constructors if you use a factory.  Thoughts on one vs two constructors?  I
haven't looked at your patch.

Gregg Wonderly