river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: Use of socket factory in LookupLocator
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:21:28 GMT
I assume that you want to create a TCP socket factory that will do something
special with connection management?  Can you describe what you need the factory
to do?

Practically, expanding the constructor arguments is something to always consider
carefully.  Adding a Configuration argument would allow the obvious construction
technique shown below.

net.jini.core.discovery.LookLocator {
	socketFactory = new MySocketFactory();
}

org.my.something.Service {
	locators = new LookupLocator[] {
		new LookupLocator("jini://my.first.host",this);
	};
}

The problem is that if a factory is required for one instance, and not another,
how do you convey this so that things can work correctly?

Gregg Wonderly