river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: River & OSGi
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:41:40 GMT
Mike McGrady wrote:
> A question, after the previous question is answered.  Why in heavens
> name would OSGi want to utilize Jini?  That is a mish mash so far as I
> can see.
Not OSGi, but existing applications that utilise OSGi bundles. To scale
out over multiple machines, then to manage the 8 fallacies of
distributed computing, a remote Jini service might replace an existing
local service and it might do so for multiple machines to easily share
some common information.  I can think of several reasons.