river-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Ramsdale <jeff.ramsd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Artefacts RIVER-317 - AR2 Release
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:55:51 GMT
Hey Peter,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:41 AM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
> By the sound of what Dennis is saying, it appears more to be a
> classification issue rather than an issue with the pom's themselves.

Yes.

> I'd also like to thank you Jeff for your effort.

Most welcome!

> Getting the artefacts out there also means that there'll be people using
> them, if there are issues, they'll be sorted sooner.
>
> Anyone have any last minute changes before we unleash (just kidding, I'm in
> a good mood), I mean release River?

This shouldn't impact a River release, but I don't think the poms
belong in the src dir--rather, they should probably be at the root of
the project. When the src dir is designated a Java source directory in
Eclipse it makes it hard to navigate the poms since it tries to turn
their parent directory structure into packages. Additionally, their
current location suggests they should be in the classpath, which is
not the case.

> The world has waited long enough. Jukka, you still happy to assist with the
> process?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter.

Thanks for the help, Peter!