river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Separating out RMIClassLoader dependencies
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:17:24 GMT
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
>> Thanks Nic for your comments, pls see reply below.

I think we have diverged and discussing different things.

Some time ago, it was said that the classloader of a class could be
retrieved by calling a static method. I have tried to point out that
this is fairly "impossible" in OSGi without collaboration with the
OSGi framework implementation, as multiple (even fully compatible, or
even exact same versions) instance of the same classes can be present
in different class spaces within the OSGi framework, and which package
got resolved to which bundle (and hence the classloader) is an
implementation detail in OSGi. There is no theory around that fact. I
am speaking of "locating a classloader of an existing class already
present", and not how to locate one externally to the JVM and OSGi
framework.

See the difference?

So if ClassA wants to load an implementation of InterfaceB, then that
implementation must be chosen from the class space that ClassA and
InterfaceB belongs to, and not only that it implements
InterfaceB+constraints.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer