river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Release versioning
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 09:54:51 GMT
Yes, in principle I agree, but when you are a platform, there might be a
large number of dependent apps that break if deployed on a newer version.
Peter's example of MS Windows is an excellent example, and "simple
statements" like the one you give is no longer black or white.
Unfortunately, I think River falls into this "hard" category, where many
independent versions of both platform and app may exist at the same time in
all possible combinations.

-- Niclas

On Oct 3, 2009 4:40 PM, "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> kirjoitti 3.10.2009 kello 7.38:

> [...]
incompatible change" :...
The definition of a bug is behaviour that differs from the documented or
otherwise expected behaviour.

>From that perspective any code that is broken by a bug fix is already
incorrect, and I wouldn't worry too much about such breakage.

BR,

Jukka Zitting