river-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Hobbs" <tom.ho...@sucfin.com>
Subject RE: Finding Service Registrars on Linux
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:08:09 GMT
Okay, I've found the problem and I should have worked it out much
sooner.

Trying the same code from NetBeans, which (by our convention) includes
all the River/Jini JARs on its classpath, the code works as expected.

So going back to Eclipse, adding reggie.JAR to the CP on the "Run
Configurations" lets the code work properly there to.

This leaves me with two questions.

1.  In Eclipse, since the compiled project sources are on the CP, why
wasn't the necessary code picked up from there?

2.  In the absence of reggie.JAR being on the CP, why wasn't it just
downloaded from the proxy?  Are lookup services a special case?

I should probably know these answers already, but my brain hurts.  Help
anyone?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Hobbs [mailto:tom.hobbs@sucfin.com]
Sent: 09 October 2009 11:21
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Finding Service Registrars on Linux

The plot thickens.

I'm now on a Windows desktop, again in Eclipse (only this time a fresh
install), and experiencing the same problem.  However, from reading
this;

http://osdir.com/ml/ide.eclipse.equinox.devel/2007-05/msg00071.html

I've made the following alterations.  I now start Eclipse with the
following VM args;

-Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy="<path to policy.all>"

I've changed the "Run Configuration" to use "JRE/Alternate JRE" and
given the path to my Sun JDK.  Also, the two above VM args are included
in the run configuration.

I've experimented with the Run Configuration setting of "JRE/Alternate
JRE" and "JRE/Execution Environment" and both give this same result.

I now consistently get the stack trace found at the end of this message.
I can't find an explanation of it anywhere.  (But I'm sure I've seen and
fixed it before, I just can't remember how).  It has a classpath or RMI
feel.

Incidentally, I think the reason Eclipse on my Linux box just seems to
hang is because it's trying to swap into the debug perspective when it
detects the exception and I've told it not to and checked the "remember
my decision" box.  It's a pity that I couldn't remember my decision as
well as Eclipse has.

Don't I feel foolish now?

So any help with this stack trace would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Tom

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
com.sun.jini.reggie.RegistrarImpl_Stub cannot access its superinterface
com.sun.jini.reggie.Registrar
	at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:56)
	at
sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:434)
	at
sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:165)
	at
java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader$2.loadClass(RMIClassLoader.java:620)
	at
java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadClass(RMIClassLoader.java:247)
	at
sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveClass(MarshalInputStream.java:1
97)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1575)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1496)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1732
)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1947)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadObject(ObjectInputStream.java:480)
	at
com.sun.jini.reggie.RegistrarProxy.readObject(RegistrarProxy.java:267)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:974)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1849)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1753
)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
	at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:351)
	at java.rmi.MarshalledObject.get(MarshalledObject.java:142)
	at
net.jini.core.discovery.LookupLocator.getRegistrarFromSocket(LookupLocat
or.java:374)
	at
net.jini.core.discovery.LookupLocator.getRegistrar(LookupLocator.java:32
9)
	at
net.jini.core.discovery.LookupLocator.getRegistrar(LookupLocator.java:28
6)
	at ServiceFinder.main(ServiceFinder.java:19)

www.sucdenfinancial.com

Sucden Financial Limited, Plantation Place South, 60 Great Tower Street,
London EC3R 5AZ
Telephone +44 203 207 5000

Registered in England no. 1095841
VAT registration no. GB 446 9061 33

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and
entered in the FSA register under no. 114239

This email, including any files transmitted with it, is confidential and
may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
notify postmaster@sucfin.com immediately and delete it from your
computer system.

We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and its attachments are
virus-free, but you should check.

Sucden Financial Limited may monitor traffic data of both business and
personal emails. By replying to this email, you consent to Sucden
Financial 's monitoring the content of any emails you send to or receive
from Sucden Financial . Sucden Financial is not liable for any opinions
expressed by the sender where this is a non-business email.

The contents of this e-mail do not constitute advice and should not be
regarded as a recommendation to buy, sell or otherwise deal with any
particular investment.

This message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.