river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: svn commit: r824055 - in /incubator/river/jtsk/trunk/qa: ./ jtreg/net/jini/activation/Activatable/activateExceptionTest/ jtreg/net/jini/activation/Activatable/activateFailure/ jtreg/net/jini/activation/Activatable/checkRegisterInLog/ jtreg/net/ji
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:14:14 GMT

Would be nice, perhaps we could set up a signed webstart jar on the
project website, for just such a  thing?

We're removing the requirement to use the jre/lib/ext/ directory to
simplify testing, this doesn't apply to River installations though.

Are you familiar with the linux terminal server project?  I've thought
about using etherboot (bootable network cards), to create a network
bootable River based cluster.

River + JVM + Minimal Linux Environment + LTSP, with Iced Tea, this
could run on almost any architecture.

Cheers,

Peter.