river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: Finding Service Registrars on Linux
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 15:08:11 GMT
Hi Tom, the things that I can think of to look at are the following.

1.  What's the IP address and hostname of the machine?  Does /etc/hosts provide
conflicting information regarding what hostname is what address, compared to
what you expect?

2.  How many ip interfaces are actually active.  Is there just one?  Do you have
configuration in place to select the appropriate interface if there are multiple
active and you expect them to be active?

3.  Where is stdout and stderr directed?  Are there VM level
NoClassDefFoundError or other Throwables happening which you can no see and that
could keep all logging from happening because the code never gets there?

4.  Run the JVM with -verbose to see what classloading activity is occuring, and
that the appropriate sources of classes are being used (you are overriding the
ext dir, does that remove something that you need for example).

5.  What does 'netstat -an | grep LISTEN' show you?  Are there appropriate
sockets listening on the appropriate ports?

Gregg Wonderly