river-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Costers <jonathan.cost...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Release versioning
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 11:30:08 GMT
What about this:

- Previous release was 2.1.1 (AR1).
  -> apache-river-2.1.1-incubating

- We are developing for 2.2, hence all Hudson builds are named
2.2-SNAPSHOT
  -> apache-river-2.2-SNAPSHOT-incubating

- When we release 2.2 (AR2) we change version to 2.2
  -> apache-river-2.2-incubating

- After building 2.2, we set version to 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT (or whatever
version we decide we should go to after 2.2)
  -> apache-river-2.2.1-SNAPSHOT-incubating

This would be compatible with Maven repositories, allowing us to publish
all snapshot builds. It would IMHO also make more sense then what we are
doing now (i.e. all snapshot builds are currently still named 2.1.1).

Best
Jonathan

Op zaterdag 03-10-2009 om 15:24 uur [tijdzone +1000], schreef Peter
Firmstone: