river-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Ramsdale <jeff.ramsd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No more checkins
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:09:32 GMT
Echoing Dennis, I think a characteristic of most successful open
source projects is their adherence to a release rhythm. Apache River
has enough interest and activity to be viable, but without a rhythm of
release that energy dissipates. I would suggest releases every 6
months, even if they are small. This provides motive for people to
stay involved and shepherd their favored feature through the process,
because they have a hope of seeing it released. It also displays to
the Apache Foundation and other interested parties that Apache River
is still relevant (and it is!).

-jeff