river-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Easton-Marks <coachjeremyeastonma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No more checkins
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:39:11 GMT
Tom, don't worry about the tutorial. If you do have time in the future to
put one together please send it my way.

I've seen some great emails go back and forth about great future directions
for River. It is my opinion though that we need to figure out what our goals
are to get River out the door. I am afraid we may end up in a constant
developer cycle if these decisions aren't made and adhered to.

If we don't get something out the door soon I think we are going to miss a
great opportunity to position River as a possible solution for cloud
computing, convergence of the three screens(Mobile, TV, and Computer), and
in embedded electronics.

I would vote that the senior active commiters put together a list and a
deadline for what needs to be done. Put the list up and start assigning
tasks to people who want it. I think at this point River needs to be led
across the finish line. This is not meant to be an insult to anyone but I
believe Jukka would do well in this role.

Jeremy R. Easton-Marks

"ĂȘtre fort pour ĂȘtre utile"