river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Maven Artefacts RIVER-317 - AR2 Release
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 06:48:15 GMT
Anyone have any ideas or willing to assist with patches?  It'd be nice
to have this complete for AR2.

Cheers,

Peter.

Dennis Reedy (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-317?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12760243#action_12760243
]

> Dennis Reedy commented on RIVER-317:
> ------------------------------------
>
> I dont see how the -dl.jar files are being handled with this approach. How will the -dl.jar
files for reggie, outrigger, mahalo (etc...) be defined? With River services we have multiple
artifacts per service, an implementation jar, a download (client) jar and potentially a service
ui jar.

> I suggest that we need to be thinking of adding classifiers for the artifacts, allowing
dependencies to be resolved correctly. For example, if I am using Outrigger, I need to be
able to start Outrigger using outrigger.jar and outrigger-dl.jar, but my client (the one who
uses Outrigger) needs to only have outigger-dl.jar in it's classpath not outrigger.jar.

> Declaring dependencies on River produced maven artifacts need to account for how a maven
project will use the artifacts.

>> Deploy Apache River artifacts to Maven repositories (both release and snapshot)
>>
>>                 Key: RIVER-317
>>             Project: River
>>          Issue Type: Task
>>          Components: Web site and infrastructure
>>    Affects Versions: AR2, AR3
>>            Reporter: Jeff Ramsdale
>>             Fix For: AR2
>>
>>         Attachments: river-poms.patch
>>

>> It would be valuable if Apache River artifacts were deployed to a Maven repository
upon release. It would be even better if snapshot builds were also deployed to a snapshot
repository by Hudson.