river-dev mailing list archives

From Eske Sort <e...@allsorts.dk>
Subject Re: Groovy Build Scripts - Anyone used Gradle?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:56:17 GMT
I have and I'm exited :) It seems a very nice build tool. It is very
flexible and allows you to do all sorts of things in an easy manner (think
Ant) while giving you the build-by-convention offered by Maven. It does not
enforce the convention however (as Maven does more or less).
Given Gradle's flexibility my guess is it would fit nicely with River.
However, I don't know much about how River is organised source-wise so I
could be mistaken.

One thing to be aware is that Gradle is currently at version 0.7 with 0.8
coming out shortly. It is being very actively developed and there are often
many breaking changes between versions as they tune the API before version
1.0.

BR
Eske