river-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artifacts in Maven
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:44:45 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Patrick Wright<pdoubleya@gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I recall, you don't actually push to the central repo--you
> get in contact with them, identify yourself as a project
> owner/committer, then set up some shared keys so they can log on to a
> server of yours to check for changes and upload them.

We have such a setup already at Apache; the
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository on
people.apache.org (accessible only to committers) is automatically
synced to Maven central.

I just created a org/apache/river folder there, but note that only
official release artifacts can be pushed there. If you're interested,
please contribute appropriate POM files for the River jars and we can
push them out to Maven central when the AR2 release is done.

There's also a snapshot repository at
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ that can be used
for artifacts built from the latest trunk. These artifacts are *not*
pushed out to Maven central. If there's demand (and someone
contributes the POMs) we could set up the Hudson build to push
snapshot builds out to this repository.

BR,

Jukka Zitting