river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: AR2-Release
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 05:44:23 GMT
Hi Jukka,

OK, if you help, I'll be release manager.  It's about time we did
something.

I'll have to get my affairs in order first though, I've been in hospital
for the last week, luckily for what turns out to be a benign brain
tumor, I've been experiencing headaches and vision problems, I've had
two optometrists give me a clean bill of health, one only 3 weeks ago.
Thankfully I had a good GP, who recognised the symptoms and at about the
same time 2 weeks ago I found a good optometrist (3rd time lucky).
Sometimes, life just jumps out and hits you when your not expecting it.

Just a note to anyone who may be experiencing vision problems: If your
optometrist doesn't shoot jets of air into your eyes (pressure test) or
check your peripheral vision ( with one eye closed, focus on one dot
directly in front and spot the random moving dot, clicking a button
every time you see it) or put solution into your eyes to view your
retina, then you don't have a good optometrist, what you have is a
glasses salesman, yes they probably are qualified, but like programmers,
there are good and bad ones.

Cheers,

Peter.