river-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Chance <sgcha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi RFC 119 Distributed OSGi - (Was [RE: OSGi and Jini])
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:12:09 GMT
Gregg,

It is not my desire or intention to try to play "technology ping-pong."  I'm
only introducing another viewpoint.  Frankly, I don't have time to read
long, verbose emails.  I've touted enough OSGi technology attributes to
intrigue those who might be interested in learning more.  The answers to
your questions can be found on the OSGi Alliance's web site - and I promise
you there are solid answers.  Additionally, a number of books that provide
ample OSGi coverage are either recently published or nearing publication.

Oracle, Sun, IBM, SpringSource, JBoss, Progress, Paremus, ProSyst and others
offer a lot of informative OSGi literature as well. Neal Bartlett also
provides a lot of OSGi resources.  Eclipse [Equinox] and Apache Felix are
great places as well.

Happy Learning! :-)

Sam

--