river-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Ramsdale <jeff.ramsd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web hosting of Jini.org was:Re: Jini.org and mailing list
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 03:01:53 GMT
I have one other suggestion to offer before we make a move. The current
jini.org site is a MediaWiki site. Sourceforge now provides MediaWiki to
projects hosted there (
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Hosted%20Apps). Would it
make sense to move to Sourceforge (including old starter kit downloads) and
point jini.org there? One advantage is that the sf folks manage the app,
which would hopefully reduce some of the spam problems we've had. Since this
wouldn't be a standard open source project with code releases (since these
are handled by Apache River) I'm not certain if it makes sense nor if it
would be acceptable to sf, but I thought it was worth asking...
-jeff