river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi RFC 119 Distributed OSGi - (Was [RE: OSGi and Jini])
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:33:04 GMT

On Jul 13, 2009, at 753AM, Tom Hobbs wrote:
> Someone on the Jini-Users (or similar, I can't quite remember) a while
> ago was talking about using Groovy classes to describe service
> configuration.  Something like this sounds pretty neat, but anything
> that needs to be recompiled for changes can take affect is likely to
> be
> unworkable for obvious reasons.

I brought up the Groovy config support. Rio has switched over from the
Jini configuration file approach to now use Groovy classes. No
compilation is required, the Groovy classes are parsed when loaded by
the GroovyConfiguration utility. A simple example of a Groovy
configuration for Reggie follows:

class ReggieConfig {

     String[] getInitialMemberGroups() {
         def groups =
[System.getProperty(Constants.GROUPS_PROPERTY_NAME, 'rio')]
         return (String[])groups

     String getUnicastDiscoveryHost() {
         return java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()

View raw message