river-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi and Jini
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 09:26:37 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Gregg Wonderly<gregg@wonderly.org> wrote:
> What happens next is what the community decides.  I'd like to play a part,
> but to date, everything that I've found to be interesting and wanted to do
> differently in Jini has not been that interesting to the rest of the
> community.

Does it matter? Apart from the the test suite there currently is no
active work being done on River trunk. Anyone with the energy to back
up his or her proposals with solid patches gets to decide where River
is going. If others don't agree, they'll need to come up with
alternative patches that solve the same issues.

> So, I'm setting back, waiting for something to start rolling that I am
> interested in, and I'll jump in to assist as best I can, as I am needed.

That's the wrong attitude. Just get started and others will follow! At
Apache those who do, decide.

BR,

Jukka Zitting