river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: [Was: OSGi and Jini] Now -> Next Steps
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 04:41:24 GMT
Hi Elijah,

To test HTTP proxy support for the net.jini.jeri.http transport
implementation.

It's listed under JIRA as issue RIVER-306
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-306

Sun originally had a Squid http proxy server on their network, it's
hostname was jiniproxy, it's hardcoded into one of the jtreg tests;
net/jini/jeri/http/echo/EchoImpl.java

I want to have all tests running before releasing AR2.  In order to
stimulate a more agile development model, were trying to make the
integration test suite and the jtreg unit and regression tests more
developer friendly (easier to setup and run using ant).  The junit test
framework has also been adopted recently.

Once testing is working properly, I'd like to look at the implementation
of jini over http networks based on the work that Mark Brouwer did in
the Seven project.  He made a presentation at JCM10, the slides for
which are still available. If you want to check the Seven project out,
add the following to your Internet host table (/etc/hosts) as DNS lookup
no longer works:

62.177.181.217  www.cheiron.org scm.cheiron.org issue.cheiron.org

After that I'd like to play around with NIO and DEFLATE compression for
serialization and http classserver performance improvements.

I recently stumbled across a complete Java implementation of Kerberos
Server and client software, I'm thinking there may be benefits for River
running with a default authorisation setup, however it's GPL2, so I'd
have to ask if it can be relicensed first.

Cheers,

Peter.