river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: [Was: OSGi and Jini] Now -> Next Steps
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 00:22:05 GMT
Dennis Reedy wrote:
> Forget about OSGi for now, its a red herring for River moving out of
> incubation, and frankly a bit of noise that produces the same reaction
> every time it is posted. This is not to say the each technology
> (combined or separate) does not have its merits/issues, its just time
> to move on.
>
> How about AR2 gets released? Take the current project structure and
> tests, and release what you have. I think its a safe bet to say that
> the trunk represents a stable production worthy technology (AR1
> certainly is). If there is more wok to do with the testing framework,
> fine. Then release AR3 shortly there-after. I'll be glad to upload the
> package name changes from com.sun.jini to org.apache.river as well if
> the timing is right post AR2.
That's almost the plan, just want to get all the tests right first and a
couple of tweaks to the build then release.  It's almost ready, I've
just been very busy and haven't gotten onto it yet.  Not much work left
though.

On that subject, I'm having some trouble deciding on a solution to
replace the Squid proxy server that was present on Sun's network?  Any
ideas?

Cheers,

Peter.