river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: OSGi and Jini
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:36:48 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Gregg Wonderly<gregg@wonderly.org> wrote:
>
>> What happens next is what the community decides.  I'd like to play a part,
>> but to date, everything that I've found to be interesting and wanted to do
>> differently in Jini has not been that interesting to the rest of the
>> community.
>>

> Does it matter? Apart from the the test suite there currently is no
> active work being done on River trunk. Anyone with the energy to back
> up his or her proposals with solid patches gets to decide where River
> is going. If others don't agree, they'll need to come up with
> alternative patches that solve the same issues.
>

>> So, I'm setting back, waiting for something to start rolling that I am
>> interested in, and I'll jump in to assist as best I can, as I am needed.
>>

> That's the wrong attitude. Just get started and others will follow! At
> Apache those who do, decide.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

I agree.

I was thinking something like the following directory structure for
apache-river release to assist with setting up an ant target to run the
jtreg tests, and remove the requirement to install the platform
libraries into the jre/ext directory:

configentry             - unchanged
doc                     - unchanged
lib                     - platform libraries removed (jsk-lib.jar,
jsk-platform.jar, jsk-resources.jar)
lib-dl                  - unchanged
lib-ext                 - unchanged contains jsk-policy.jar
lib-platform            - new directory containing all platform
libraries except for jsk-dl.jar, this directory can be the basis for
AllPermission
integration-tests-bin   - quality assurance integration tests binary
release, currently called qa

Then change this in the policy files:
grant codeBase "file:${java.home}/lib/ext/*" {
   permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

To (only where required):
grant codeBase "file:${jsk.home}/lib-platform/*"{
   permission java.security.AllPermission:
};

grant codeBase "file:${jsk.home}/lib-ext/*"{
   permission java.security.AllPermission:
};

grant codeBase "file:${jsk.home}/lib/phoenix-init.jar"{
   permission java.security.AllPermission:
};

and pass jsk.home in via jtreg eg:

$jtreg -verbose:all,nopass  -cpa: /opt/src/river/trunk/lib-platform -jdk
/usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0_15 -Djsk.home="/opt/src/river/trunk" ./qa/jtreg/

Later when I get to ant script stage, jsk.home can be set using ant from
an environment variable $JSK_HOME