river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject [Was: OSGi and Jini] Now -> Next Steps
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 15:53:46 GMT
Forget about OSGi for now, its a red herring for River moving out of
incubation, and frankly a bit of noise that produces the same reaction
every time it is posted. This is not to say the each technology
(combined or separate) does not have its merits/issues, its just time
to move on.

How about AR2 gets released? Take the current project structure and
tests, and release what you have. I think its a safe bet to say that
the trunk represents a stable production worthy technology (AR1
certainly is). If there is more wok to do with the testing framework,
fine. Then release AR3 shortly there-after. I'll be glad to upload the
package name changes from com.sun.jini to org.apache.river as well if
the timing is right post AR2.