river-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Ramsdale <jeff.ramsd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: list going away
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:54:51 GMT
Hi folks,
jini.org was hacked within the past two weeks. I was pretty current on the
MediaWiki software, so I don't know how they did it. I've got a support
request in to see if I can learn more. Meanwhile I was able to restore from
backup and remove a handful of recent page spams.

I'd like to once again thank the handful of folks helping police the pages
for spam and bringing the hack to my attention.

In case anyone is wondering, Jini.org is run by myself and Jim Hurley,
neither of whom is associated with Sun (currently). Therefore the site
doesn't necessarily go away just because the old e-mail lists do. I'm
interested to see if/whether a long-term plan emerges for maintaining
Jini.org and Jini as a concept and site distinct from Apache River. I'm
certainly willing to help carry the technology and content forward under
either or both flags. A caveat, though: I won't likely have more bandwidth
to offer the site than I currently do. So my attention is spotty.

-jeff

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:

> I've also found this very useful.
>
> The content from www.jini.org also seems to be missing. jini.dev.java.netis still up
,any idea on how long this site will remain available?