river-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Easton-Marks <coachjeremyeastonma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jini Tutorials (was: RE: Jini.org)
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:03:32 GMT
Hi Tom,
Anything you can send me would be appreciated. I am not on any real
definitive timeline but I know if I don't move on something sooner rather
then later it won't happen. The tutorial you are writing sounds like exactly
what I am looking for.

The main goal of our site is to allow people to try out open source projects
without the hassle of downloading and configuring them on their own system.
We are looking to expand into helping open source APIs to help developers
try out an API without having to go through the same hassle.

Being the fan of Jini I am and wanting to use it more I figured this would
be an easy way to do this. I am looking for a simple tutorial that doesn't
dive to deep into Jini. A teaser if you will, just enough to allow someone
to try it out and if they like it they can go further down the rabbit hole
into the world of Jini.

I am imagining an end user logging on to one of our virtual machines and
being able to pull up eclipse and be able to see a working version as well
being able to program one of there own. If they would like to know more we
can provide links to the River project or Jini site. Since no configuration
will need to be done it will help to make life easier for Jini to attract
new developers. And if they screw up then no harm done since they can just
simple start the virtual machine over if they would like.

I will start going through the papers on the jini site, and see if I can
start putting something together from that.

Thanks,
Jeremy R. Easton-Marks
Senior Software Engineer
click2try.com