river-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wright <pdoubl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jini.org
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:51:55 GMT
It may be obvious, but--the most important thing in my mind is that
the jini.org domain name be retained. It can point to the Apache River
servers. Old links still in search engines will then at least hit a
live server (and perhaps we can set up the webserver to redirect to a
page explaining the name change).

If we can host the wiki content somewhere we could scrape it for
goodies afterwards. My recollection is that the content on jini.org
was fairly mixed, with quite a bit being outdated. I haven't looked in
awhile, since last year at least, though. I would volunteer to help
look through the wiki for usable content. What software is hosting the
wiki itself?

If we do keep the domain name, then we just have to figure out how to
fund the domain-name registration, for which I'm happy to contribute
(for the time being, anyhow!).

Patrick