river-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Junk Mail
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:37:35 GMT

----- Original Message ----

Indeed. I never use my address for email lists, but instead use aliases. That way if I need
to get rid of one I just delete it, make a different one, and move on. From mailing lists
I hardly ever get spam, but the biggest culprits seem to be sites require the email addresses
to read articles and possibly some when I purchase things online. Even for those I use an
alias. Yahoo, for 20.00 a year, gives me email aliases and unlimited email storage. Works
well for online things...just have to be sure that when you setup your aliases they don't
have yourrealemailaddress-something@whatever.com because the robots will take the name- part
and pick out your email address and use that.

Wade

Wade Chandler, CCE
Software Engineer and Developer
Certified Forensic Computer Examiner
NetBeans Dream Team Member and Contributor

http://www.certified-computer-examiner.com
http://www.netbeans.org