river-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Hobbs" <tom.ho...@sucfin.com>
Subject RE: Mock Libs...
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:14:21 GMT
Hi Dan,

Yes I am (was?) using EasyMock, simply because that's what I'm familiar
with.  I have never heard of Mockito before, but if you say it is better
then again, I'm happy to move over to that.

Does anyone else have any preferences?

Thanks for the heads up.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Rollo [mailto:danrollo@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 April 2009 02:56
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Mock Libs...

I noticed the lines below, which make me think you're using EasyMock.
After using EasyMock for a while, I came across Mockito
(http://mockito.org). I'm now a Mockito convert - I like how you don't
have to worry about replay(...) with Mockito, and it had fewer problems
with an IDE "pre-evaluating" expressions while debugging (which leads to

very misleading errors from EasyMock). Just wanted to mention it in case

you hadn't heard of it.

Dan

+		TxnTable mockTxnTable = createNiceMock(TxnTable.class);
+		replay(mockTxnTable);

www.sucdenfinancial.com

Sucden Financial Limited, Plantation Place South, 60 Great Tower Street, London EC3R 5AZ
Telephone +44 203 207 5000

Registered in England no. 1095841
VAT registration no. GB 446 9061 33

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and entered in the FSA
register under no. 114239

This email, including any files transmitted with it, is confidential and may be privileged.
It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, please notify postmaster@sucfin.com immediately and delete it from
your computer system.

We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and its attachments are virus-free, but you
should check.

Sucden Financial Limited may monitor traffic data of both business and personal emails. By
replying to this email, you consent to Sucden Financial 's monitoring the content of any emails
you send to or receive from Sucden Financial . Sucden Financial is not liable for any opinions
expressed by the sender where this is a non-business email.

The contents of this e-mail do not constitute advice and should not be regarded as a recommendation
to buy, sell or otherwise deal with any particular investment.

This message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.