river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject River-272 ClassDep -tell option
Date Sat, 11 Apr 2009 05:51:35 GMT

Here I've redirected the results of the -tell option from the error
stream to the main output stream, it prints out the classes that depend
on ClassDepend, using ClassDep as the root node.

bash-3.00$ /usr/jdk/j2sdk1.4.2_12/jre/bin/java -jar
../NewTools/dist/RiverToolsReplacement.jar -cp
./build/classes:/usr/local/java/lib/asm-2.2.3.jar:/usr/local/java/lib/asm-commons-2.2.3.jar

-tell com.sun.jini.tool.classdepend.ClassDepend com.sun.jini.tool.ClassDep
caused by com.sun.jini.tool.ClassDep
caused by com.sun.jini.tool.classdepend.ClassDepend
caused by com.sun.jini.tool.classdepend.ClassDepend$1
caused by com.sun.jini.tool.classdepend.ClassDepend
caused by com.sun.jini.tool.ClassDep
bash-3.00$

The documentation suggests this option is useful for debugging,
referring to debugging ClassDep, I think?  Does anyone have any use for
this other than debugging ClassDep?

I'm not sure replicating the functionality makes sense in the
replacement for ClassDep.

Cheers,

Peter.