river-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Costers <jonathan.cost...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r765901 - /incubator/river/jtsk/skunk/jcosters/
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:19:21 GMT
Op vrijdag 17-04-2009 om 14:06 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Jukka
Zitting:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:41 AM,  <jcosters@apache.org> wrote:
> > Create personal sandbox branch of jtsk/trunk.
>
> IMHO it would be better if we didn't have personal sandboxes. If you
> have experimental changes that shouldn't yet go to trunk, it would be
> better to put it in a topic-based branch that clearly identifies the
> purpose of that experiment. Having personal branches discourages
> cooperation between project members.
>
> The same applies to the earlier branch created by Niclas.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

I agree.
My intention was to let people check out my changes for RIVER-301
together with changes for RIVER-272, in an easy way. The patch I
attached to RIVER-301 was a bit too big to handle.

In my opinion, we can commit these changes to the trunk too, but I
wanted to wait for reaction first.

Best
Jonathan