river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: JSC - Seven
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 03:43:28 GMT

I've always felt that the various containers should be kept separate
from the Jini core.  As the author of the Harvester application
container I'm perhaps a little biased, but I think that there are many
valid containers and approaches to containers out there and River
shouldn't play favourites (unless it's Harvester ;-) ).  I'm sure Mark ,
Dennis, Gregg, and others would agree (given different favourites).

Also, Mark would have to confirm, but wasn't there some question of his
former employer holding the copyright to Seven's code?  I don't know if
he's free to contribute it to Apache.

Cheers,

Greg.

--