river-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wright <pdoubl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RIVER-272 Working Fix - Licensing? - Other Options?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:55:23 GMT
> I don't know if it is practical for now, but I've experimented with
> rewriting the functionality of ClassDep using a byte code analysis tool -- I
> used ASM, but there are others.  I thought this produced a cleaner result
> and would mean not depending on tools.jar.

The Bantam project [1] (ASL licensed) has a class dependency analyzer
[2] that's based on ASM. We use Bantam and have our DL JARs built for
us automatically at runtime. It would require some refactoring (it has
some dependencies on the Bantam codebase and namespace) but could be a
start.

Patrick

1- https://bantam.dev.java.net/
2- http://tinyurl.com/cumrla