river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Waldo <Jim.Wa...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Retrotranslator - Small Devices?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:56:09 GMT
I was not that active in the small device space back in the day, but I
can say (I think reasonably authoritatively) that Jini was never
intended for devices that didn't have class loading. Back when Jini
was first being done, the thought was that J2ME would be able to
download class files and dynamically load them; those plans never
really materialized (for reasons both technical and business/
political), and so the Jini surrogate architecture was born...

Jim