river-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Migration to Java 5
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:10:36 GMT
LGPL works can be system dependencies according to the referenced
draft policy:

LGPL
The LGPL v2.1 is ineligible from being a Category B license (a
category that includes the MPL, CPL, EPL, and CDDL) primarily due to
the restrictions it places on larger works, violating the third
license criterion. Therefore, LGPL v2.1-licensed works must not be
included in Apache products, although they may be listed as system
requirements or distributed elsewhere as optional works.

Craig

On Mar 31, 2009, at 1:34 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au>
> wrote:
>> JBoss Retro, aparently supports the full Java 5 API, it's licensed
>> LGPL, but
>> that shouldn't be a problem since we only need the binary.  It
>> doesn't use
>> ASM though.
>
> Sorry to disappoint you; It is excluded.
>
> See http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html for what licenses can and
> can not be used at Apache, and what you are allowed to do here and
> outside Apache.
>

> Cheers
> --
> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer