river-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Waldo <Jim.Wa...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Retrotranslator
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:04:32 GMT
I have to agree with Dennis. Most of us are now using 1.6; 1.7 is
underway. I don't think the small device space should be much of an
issue; most of those devices won't support a full Jini function
anyway, since they lack class loading (that's why we did the surrogate
architecture).

Going back and upgrading to post-1.4 features throughout can probably
wait. But that is no reason not to use them when they make sense in
new code.

Jim Waldo