river-dev mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: A Conversation: was Split JINI
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 08:29:19 GMT
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Michael McGrady
<mmcgrady@topiatechnology.com> wrote:

> You really don't understand what SOA is, Gregg.  You are talking like
> someone who says they don't give a damn about gravity because it is just a
> theoretical construct.  The questions are way, way, way deeper and more
> subtle tthan you are allowing for here.

I think you guys have exhausted the subject, and I think it is time to end it.

To summarize the views, in an analogy of buildings.

Michael's view; SOA == The architecture is an expression, sometimes
limited to the piece of paper it is expressed on, or even only as a
thought in the architects mind.

Gregg's view; SOA == The purpose of architecture is primarily to
construct buildings. Most architecture in expressed form is in the
buildings themselves, not admired residing on a piece of paper.

So, Michael; You analogy with gravity is IMHO almost opposite. You
have a more theoretical definition, and ignores the pragmatic use of
of those theories. So, fine... Big Deal. Let it rest, the last 3-4
rounds on the subject has not inched the discussion in any direction,
and none will abandon the principle of definitions.

Cheers
Niclas

P.S. Good Men know they are Right, Great Men know they are Wrong.